1. May I visit the property without an appointment?
You need an appointment to tour the property. Please visit www.TheCarolinaBarn.com to schedule a tour.
2. What is required to book an event?
We require a signed Rental Agreement and a 50% non-refundable deposit. The remaining 50% balance is due no less than 30 days prior to your event.
3. What is included in the venue fee?
The venue fee includes the rental space from 10:00AM until 10:00 PM on the day of your event. We also have indoor reception tables and chairs for up to 200 people.
4. Can the wedding ceremony and reception both be held here?
Both the wedding ceremony and reception can be held at The Carolina Barn. We have several indoor and outdoor spaces to hold ceremonies and receptions. Please visit www.TheCarolina Barn.com to view our photo galleries and get more information about these spaces.
5. How big is the venue?
The Carolina Barn offers over 17,000 square feet of space under one roof. Our typical wedding ranges in size from 100 - 300 guests. If your weekend wedding is larger than 300 people, arrangements can be made to accommodate you.
6. Do you allow alcohol to be served at weddings?
As long as alcohol is served by one of our exclusive, licensed and insured caterer/ bar service vendors, you’re welcome to include it in your celebration.
7. Do you have in-house vendors (e.g.caterer, photographer, florist)?
We have a list of exclusive event planners, catering, bar service and ceiling draping for you to choose from. Additional vendors can be chosen from our recommended list, or you may also bring in your own, as long as they sign our Vendor Agreement and comply with our insurance requirements.
8. Do you require an event planner?
A certified, professional event planner is required for all weddings. Event Planners are chosen from our exclusive list of vendors.
9. Do you have a bridal room?
We have a stunning 1,000 square foot bridal suite. It offers 6 marble vanities for your glam team to do hair and make-up, a 3-way floor to ceiling mirror, comfortable seating for more than 12 people, a wet bar, smart TV, a private restroom and private balcony with its own entrance.
10. Do you have a room for the groom and groomsmen?
Yes, we have a 500 square foot space for the groom and his best men. It has 10 wooden lockers to hang suites or tuxedos and for storing personal items. It also has a leather sofa and seating for more than 12 people, a wet bar, smart TV, private restroom, and private staircase.
11. May we have our wedding rehearsal at the venue?
Your venue fee covers having a 1-hour rehearsal. Scheduling will be handled on a case by case basis.
12. What hours do we have the venue available?
You will have access to the venue from 10AM-10PM the day of your wedding.
13. May we use the same chairs for our reception that we do our ceremony?
We do not allow chairs to be moved from one location to the other during an event. Once chairs are set for a ceremony or reception, they will remain there until the end of the event.
14. Will there be other events hosted at the same time as my wedding?
We only host one event per day at The Carolina Barn.
15. Can you reserve just the Magnolia Room or only the Grand Pine Room?
Since we only host one event per day, we are only able to offer rental of the entire venue facility, and not individual rooms or spaces
16. What is your policy if the ceremony is delayed or canceled due to impossible weather conditions (e.g. ice storm, hurricane)?
In the event of disaster, impossible weather conditions etc., we will notify you as soon as we determine it is unsafe or impossible to have your event. We will work with you to reschedule your event or refund your venue fee.
17. Are there any decorations that are not permitted at The Carolina Barn (e.g. sparklers, fireworks, confetti)?
Confetti, bubbles, birdseed, rice, glitter, stickers, vinyl decals, smoke bombs, popping cannons, and outside artificial petals are not allowed. No additional hooks, nails, tape or other items can be applied to our walls. We also do not allow pets. Open flame candles are not allowed. Fireworks are also prohibited under North Carolina State law. Sparkler send-offs are welcomed but cannot occur during North Carolina State directed burning ban.