1. May I visit the property without an appointment?
You need an appointment to tour the property. Please call us at 910-495-9909 or visit www.TheCarolinaBarn.com to schedule a tour.
2. What is required to book an event?
We require a signed Rental Agreement and a 50% non-refundable deposit. The remaining 50% balance is due no less than 30 days prior to your event.
3. What is included in the venue fee?
The venue fee includes the rental space from 10:00AM until 10:00 PM on the day of your event. We also have reception tables and chairs for up to 200 people.
4. Can the wedding ceremony and reception both be held here?
Both the wedding ceremony and reception can be held at The Carolina Barn. We have several indoor and outdoor spaces to hold ceremonies and receptions. Please visit www.TheCarolina Barn.com to view our photo galleries and get more information about these spaces.
5. May I have my ceremony at The Grove and the reception at The Carolina Barn?
You may have your ceremony at The Grove and reception at The Carolina Barn; however, it will require two separate reservations.
6. How big is the venue?
Our typical wedding ranges in size from 100-350 guests. If your wedding is larger than 350 people, arrangements can be made to accommodate you.
The Carolina Barn offers over 17,000 square feet of space under one roof. The Grove, our outdoor venue, is 5 acres and can accommodate events of virtually any size. Please visit our website www.TheCarolinaBarn.com for more details.
7. Do you allow alcohol to be served at weddings?
As long as alcohol is served by a licensed and insured caterer/vendor, you’re welcome to include it in your celebration.
8. Do you have in-house vendors (e.g.caterer, photographer, florist)?
We do not have vendors who work exclusively with us, but we would be more than happy to recommend vendors from our network list. You may also bring in your own vendors as long as they sign our Vendor Agreement and comply with our insurance requirements.
9. Do you have a bridal room?
We have a stunning 1,000 square foot bridal suite. It offers 6 marble vanities for your glam team to do hair and make-up, a 3-way floor to ceiling mirror, comfortable seating for more than 12 people, a wet bar, smart TV, a private restroom and private balcony with its own entrance.
10. Do you have a room for the groom and groomsmen?
Yes, we have a 500 square foot space for the groom and his best men. It has 10 wooden lockers to hang suites or tuxedos and for storing personal items. It also has a leather sofa and seating for more than 12 people, a wet bar, smart TV, private restroom, and private staircase.
11. Do you help with the planning?
We have an event planner available for an additional fee; however, you are more than welcome to bring in your own certified event planner. We do require all weddings to have an event planner.
12. May we have our wedding rehearsal at the venue?
Your venue fee covers having a 1-hour rehearsal. Scheduling will be handled on a case by case basis.
13. What hours do we have the venue available?
You will have access to the venue from 10AM-10PM the day of your wedding.
14. May we use the same chairs for our reception that we do our ceremony?
We do not allow chairs to be moved from one location to the other during an event. Once chairs are set for a ceremony or reception, they will remain there until the end of the event. Likewise, we do not begin to break down or clean up an event until the event has officially ended.
15. Will there be other events hosted at the same time as my wedding?
We do not host more than one event at the same site. However, an event at The Grove may be going on during an event at The Carolina Barn. (You cannot see one event space from the other.)
16. What happens if there is inclement weather?
If you rent The Carolina Barn, thankfully, it offers perfect solutions for inclement weather by moving inside or under our covered spaces. We will make sure to work with you on the best backup plan if you would like to have part of your wedding outside.
If you plan to have an outdoor wedding at The Grove, we do recommend that you rent a tent large enough to cover all of your guests. We will work with you in every way possible to make your day is perfect, rain or shine!
17. What is your policy if the ceremony is delayed or canceled due to impossible weather conditions (e.g. ice storm, hurricane)?
In the event of disaster, impossible weather conditions etc., we will notify you as soon as we determine it is unsafe or impossible to have your event. We will work with you to reschedule your event or refund your venue fee.
18. Are there any decorations that are not permitted at The Carolina Barn (e.g. sparklers, fireworks, confetti)?
Confetti, bubbles, birdseed, rice and glitter are not allowed. No additional hooks, nails, tape or other items can be applied to our walls. We also do not allow pets. Open flame candles are not allowed. Fireworks are also prohibited under North Carolina State law. Sparkler send-offs are welcomed but cannot occur during North Carolina State directed burning ban.