1. May I visit the property without an appointment?
You need an appointment to tour the property. Please call us at 910-495-9909 or visit www.TheCarolinaBarn.com to schedule a tour.
2. What is required to book an event?
We require a signed Rental Agreement and a 50% non-refundable deposit.
3. What is included in the venue fee?
The venue fee includes the rental space from 10:00 a.m. until 11:00 p.m. on the day of your event, our in-house event planner, rehearsal, layout and “day of” timeline, as well as the use of tables and chairs for up to 200 people inside The Barn.
4. May I reserve both The Grove and The Carolina Barn for the same day?
You may reserve both The Grove and The Carolina Barn; however, it will require two separate reservations.
6. How big is the venue?
Our typical parties range in size from 100-350 guests. If your event is larger than 350 people, arrangements can be made to accommodate you.
The Carolina Barn offers over 17,000 square feet of space under one roof. The Grove, our outdoor venue, is 5 acres and can accommodate events of virtually any size. Please visit our website www.TheCarolinaBarn.com for more details.
7. Do you allow alcohol to be served at events?
As long as alcohol is served by a licensed and insured caterer or vendor, you’re welcome to include it in your celebration. Arrangements may also be made to bring your own alcohol. This will be addressed on a case by case basis.
8. Do you have in-house vendors (e.g.caterer, photographer, florist)?
We do not have vendors who work exclusively with us, but we would be more than happy to recommend vendors from our network list. You may also bring in your own vendors as long as they sign our Vendor Agreement and comply with our insurance requirements.
10. Do you help with the planning?
Our in-house event planners can help you with your basic planning needs. If you have more extensive event planning needs, we are happy to work with outside event planners who are licensed and insured.
11. What hours do we have the venue available?
You will have access to the venue from 10 a.m. –11 p.m. the day of your wedding. Exceptions will be made on a case by case basis.
12. Will there be other events hosted at the same time as my event?
We do not host more than one event at the same site. However, an event at The Grove may be going on during an event at The Carolina Barn. (You cannot see The Grove from The Carolina Barn or vice versa).
13. What happens if there is inclement weather?
If you rent The Carolina Barn, thankfully, it offers perfect solutions for inclement weather by moving inside or under our covered spaces. We will make sure to work with you on the best backup plan if you would like to have part of your event outside.
If you plan to have an outdoor event at The Grove, we do recommend that you rent a tent large enough to cover all of your guests. We will work with you in every way possible to make your day perfect, rain or shine!
14. What is your policy if the ceremony is delayed or canceled due to impossible weather conditions (e.g. ice storm, hurricane)?
In the event of disaster, impossible weather conditions etc., we will notify you as soon as we determine it is unsafe or impossible to have your event. We will work with you to reschedule your event or refund your venue fee.
15. Are there any decorations that are not permitted at The Carolina Barn (e.g. sparklers, fireworks, confetti)?
Confetti and glitter are not allowed. No additional hooks, nails, tape or other items can be applied to our walls. Fireworks are also prohibited under North Carolina State law. Sparkler send-offs are welcomed but cannot occur during North Carolina State directed burning bans.